HIKING & TOBOGGANING
A hike with the whole family in South Tyrol is even more fun if you combine it with an adventurous toboggan run. For example, on the Fane Alpine Village in the Fundres Mountains, which is a popular destination for families not only in summer.
YOUR TOBOGGANING EXCURSION TO THE FANE ALPINE VILLAGE
- The starting point of your hike - the car park of the Kurzkofel hut at the end of the Vals valley - can be reached in about 15 minutes by car from the Hotel Falkensteinerhof.
- After the one-hour climb to the romantically situated Fane Alpine Village, you will be rewarded with delicious South Tyrolean delicacies.
- Then the real adventure begins: the descent on the prepared natural toboggan run. You can rent the right toboggan on site or in the hotel.
- On some evenings there is the possibility to toboggan at night on the illuminated track.
- Length of the toboggan run: about 1.3 kilometres
OUR SERVICES FOR ALL WINTER WALKERS
- Free ski shuttle from the hotel to the Jochtal valley station several times a day at fixed times
- Free hire of winter equipment: walking sticks, snowshoes, rucksacks, toboggans, sliding plates, hiking maps
- Avalanche report and hiking maps, also for downloading to your tablet or smartphone
- Tips for excursions to the most beautiful snowshoe hikes and toboggan runs are available directly at the hotel