Active holidays in the mountains
… bring on the summer action!
What’s the most important ingredient for your perfect summer holiday? The endorphin rush upon reaching the summit after a long hike? Or the glance at your pulse monitor, listing the kilometres and vertical metres you just covered on your mountain bike?
No matter if you spend your active holiday in Austria or Italy – it’s going to be a family summer to remember!
Active holidays in Austria
Hiking, cycling, eating out, enjoying your getaway from every life. A holiday that will live on in the memory of every family member. Sounds just like your type of holiday? That’s nice to hear!
Carinthia – holidays don‘t get any more active
Summits to climb. Crystal-clear lakes to dive into. Picturesque landscapes to admire. The province of Carinthia is an active holiday paradise in Austria. Where else could you find so many highlights in one place? Hiking, climbing, mountain biking, swimming, surfing, sailing – the Austrian province in the Eastern Alps couldn’t be any more varied!
No wonder that one of Austria’s most beautiful regions is also home to some of the country’s most beautiful hotels – from Nassfeld to Katschberg.
Hotel Sonnenalpe on the Nassfeld
A summer holiday at Hotel Sonnenalpe right in the Carnic Alps puts you right at the heart of the mountain world. Located at 1,500 meters above sea level, the exclusive family hotel is an ideal base for athletic families looking for a bit of holiday action. Stylish, Alpine-style rooms and suites, the Falky Mountain Pasture Land with childcare and many more attractions are waiting there for you.
Your summer holiday highlights at Sonnenalpe:
- two-storey Falky Mountain Pasture Land with show dairy, adventure trail and bad-weather activities
- children’s buffet in the evening
- all-day free soft drinks at Falky Land
- 1,700 m² Acquapura SPA wellness area with Falky Children’s Spa
- 15 m waterslide
- free green fees at nearby Nassfeld Golf Course
- free Nassfeld PLUS Card
- all holiday highlights at a glance …
Hotel & Spa Carinzia on the Nassfeld
Summer sunshine for everyone! Right on the Carinthian Nassfeld, Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Carinzia is the perfect choice for guests who are looking for sports as well as relaxation.The 4-star hotel’s Carinzia resort programme makes sure that there’s never a dull moment.
- Carinzia resort programme with Yoga, Nordic Walking, aqua gymnastics, archery and more
- free entry to the “Mountain Water” family adventure trail
- 2,400 m² Acquapura SPA wellness area to relax and recharge your batteries
- perfect base for exploring the region’s 2,000 km of cycling, mountain biking and hiking trails
- free Nassfeld PLUS Card
- and much more …
Hotel Cristallo on the Katschberg
Hotel Cristallo on the Katschberg is situated right in the heart of the active region between the High Tauern and the Nockberge mountains. With its heartfelt hospitality and varied outdoor programme, the hotel is a paradise for active families.
- located right in the Katschberg hiking region
- ball court, climbing frame and much more at the funcourt
- children’s buffet in the evening
- 2.000 m² Acquapura SPA wellness and water world
Club Funimation Katschberg
Is there anything more beautiful than radiantly happy children? At Club Funimation Katschberg, you will see lots of them. After all, the hotel is made for perfect family holidays – and that’s something you feel right from the moment you walk through the door.
- family hiking region on your doorstep
- Falky Land and Falky Children’s Spa
- free soccer, beach volleyball and tennis courts
- only a stone’s throw from Carinthia’s highest high-rope course
- children’s restaurant in the evening
- varied entertainment programme for lots of big smiles on little faces
- Katschberg Card for even more activities
Premium Apartments Edel:Weiss
You enjoy your freedom while on holiday but don’t want to miss out on certain hotel amenities? Then Premium Apartments Edel:Weiss on the Katschberg are just the place for you! Located at 1,600 metres above sea level, the apartments are known for their distinctive architecture and great services.
- 3 apartment sizes, all with balconies
- panoramic views of the surrounding mountain world
- adventure park, high-rope course, cycling and hiking trails
- free use of the 2,000 m² Acquapura SPA at Hotel Cristallo
- 7 nearby golf courses
- free Katschberg Card
Active nature holidays
The “green heart of Austria” awaits active holiday guests with stunning landscapes and plenty of sports opportunities. What’s more, the province of Styria is a perfect place to relax and indulge – in the breathtaking nature, the mouth-watering local cuisine and the unforgettable time you will spend there!
Falkensteiner Hotel Schladming’s amazing location offers perfect opportunities for outdoor lovers and sports enthusiasts. Hop on your bike, put on your hiking shoes or grab your golf club – there’s plenty to see and do on every day of your holiday! After an active day out and about, you should definitely sample some of the hotel restaurant’s typically Austrian treats or relax at the 1,500 m² Acquapura SPA wellness area. Doesn’t this sound just like the perfect holiday?
All on your doorstep … Look forward to an unforgettable active holiday in Austria! No matter if you’re spending it with the whole family or as a couple – Falkensteiner Hotels are the perfect holiday home for all nature lovers!
Sports holidays in Italy
Italy and South Tyrol are a paradise of indulgence and joie the vivre. Explore the varied landscapes together with your partner and fall in love with the charms of South Tyrol!
One thing’s for sure: An active summer holiday in South Tyrol is a holiday to remember!
Family Hotel Lido Ehrenburgerhof
The family resort in Val Pusteria is your gateway to the impressive mountain world of the Dolomites. Did you know that this breathtaking mountain range is a UNESCO world heritage? Since holidays are best spent with everyone you love, Family Hotel Lido Ehrenburgerhof offers all you need for some unforgettable family time in South Tyrol.
- private swimming lake with baby area
- bike rental directly at the hotel
- guided activities from hiking to bike tours
- children’s nature programme
- hotel service for hikers
- wellness area to relax
Hotel & Spa Falkensteinerhof
Vals in South Tyrol is a mountain paradise for active families. Hotel & Spa Falkensteinerhof offers them the perfect location for a holiday full of activities. If you think that hiking is boring, you obviously haven’t heard of the Gitschberg Jochtal mountain pasture region yet!
- guided tours with inside tips and stories by your hiking guide
- nature playgrounds and family-friendly hiking routes on your doorstep
- South Tyrolean delicacies to enjoy and recharge your batteries
- Generations.Hotel with a focus on families
- South Tyrolean mountain wellness at the 1,200 m² Acquapura SPA wellness area
Hotel & Spa Sonnenparadies
There’s a thousand faces to a holiday at four-star Hotel & Spa Sonnenparadies in Terento. After all, the region offers everything from sports to culture and history! Your holiday home is a perfect base for breathtaking hikes and unforgettable cycling, mountain biking and climbing tours.
• The Vitalpina Hotel is all about holistic well-being.
• active outdoor wellness
• 9 nearby golf courses
• weekly entertainment programme with guided activities
Hotel & Spa Alpenresidenz Antholz
You’d love an active getaway with your sweetheart? Full of romance and sports, surrounded by the breathtaking mountain world of South Tyrol? Then Hotel & Spa Alpenresidenz Antholz should be on top of your list for an active summer holiday!
- entertainment programme with active guides during the summer months
- bike and hiking equipment rental
- 1,000 m² Acquapura SPA wellness area with spectacular mountain views
- regional delicacies from breakfast to dinner
Carinthia, Styria or South Tyrol: Every Falkensteiner Hotel offers perfect opportunities for active mountain holidays – for families with kids and couples!