Schlosspark 1AT-9220 Velden am Wörthersee, Austria
The Falkensteiner Schlosshotel Velden boasts a fantastic location on the western shore of the beautiful Wörthersee, between the cities of Klagenfurt and Villach.
- Salzburg (A10): approx. 2 hours
- Vienna (A2): approx. 3 hours
- Munich (A10): approx. 3 hours
Take the Südautobahn (A2) towards Villach or Villach - Pörtschach-Ost, Italy and Slovenia. Follow the signs Villach - Pörtschach-Ost and stay approx. 13 m on the A2, you leave the motorway at the Velden Ost exit. Follow the B 83, Klagenfurterstraße, for about 1.5 km in the direction of Velden and take the second exit Karawankenplatz in the direction of Wörthersee.
FROM LJUBLJANA, SLOVENIA
Drive 84 metres on the Zavaska Cesta (108) to the Ljubljana-Šentjakob junction and turn onto the A1. After 2 km, at the Cona Moste junction, turn onto the H3 and follow the road for 8 km. At the Ljubljana-Siska junction leave the H3 and take the Celovška cesta (8). After 3 km, take the A2 at Ljubljana-Sentvid junction and stay on the A2 for 20 km. Leave the A2 motorway at the Kranj Vzhod junction and take the H1. After 12 km, the H1 will take you to the 101, which you will drive along for 18 km.
From the 101, take the Loiblpass (B91) and follow the road for 22 km until you reach Klagenfurt. In Klagenfurt take the southern bypass and then the A2 towards Villach and Italy. At Velden-Ost change onto the B83, Klagenfurterstraße, in the direction of Velden and after about 1.5 km at Karawankenplatz take the second exit towards Wörthersee.
FROM THE NORTH/SOUTH
Take the A10 towards Slovenia, if you drive from the north, or in the direction of Salzburg, if you come from the south. At the Villach junction change to the A2 towards Klagenfurt. Take the Velden-Ost exit and drive on the B83, Klagenfurterstraße, in the direction of Velden. After 1.5 km leave the B83 at Karawankenplatz, take the second exit towards Wörthersee.
FROM THE WEST/EAST
Take the A2 in the direction of Klagenfurt, if you are coming from the west, or in the direction of Villach, if you are coming from the east. Leave the motorway at the Velden-Ost exit. Follow the B 83, Klagenfurterstraße, for about 1.5 km in the direction of Velden and take the second exit Karawankenplatz in the direction of Wörthersee.
- From Salzburg: approx. 3.5 hours
- From Vienna: approx. 4.5 hours
- From Munich: approx. 4.5 hours
From Velden train station it is only 1.2 km to the Schlosshotel Velden (5 minutes by car).
- Klagenfurt Airport (KLU): 20 km, approx. 25 minutes (KLU is served from Berlin, Cologne, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Munich, London Stansted, Vienna)
- Ljubljana Airport (LJU): 80 km (LJU is served from Amsterdam, Belgrade, Brussels, Budapest, Frankfurt, Istanbul, Kiev, Copenhagen, London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted, Moscow Sheremetyevo, Munich, Paris, Prague, Rome, Vienna, Warsaw, Zurich)
- Heliport in Velden
To make the arrival and departure an experience, an exclusive Rolls Royce limousine is available for travel to and from several airports. The elegant car can also be booked for special occasions such as a jaunt to Venice or a shopping trip to Udine – with private chauffeur, of course!
- Discover Austria, Italy, Croatia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slowakia, Czech Republic and Germany with our summer promotion and up to 10% discount
- Save up to 10%* discount and enjoy excellent services with Sixt
- Booking & Rental period: August 1st until December 31th, 2022; Length of rent 2-27 days.
Whether from the airport or from the train station: request our transfer service for your individual pick-up.