ZADAR, NIN, PAG
You will love this tour on the first bite… Holidays are the perfect time of the year to splurge on relaxation but to also go over the top with desserts and sweet things in general. We thought of you and have decided to sweeten up your stay with us. Join us in this discovery program in which we will present you 3000 years of Zadar’s history in a non-conventional way. While checking out the famous Kalelarga (Calle Larga) street you will learn about the Maraschino liqueur and get to taste one or two as well. We have to pay special gratitude to the famous Zadar cherries for a variety of local cake recipes. During our tour we will taste handmade cherry chocolates as well as organic fig cakes. Let us sugar up this day together!
- Visiting the most famous historical sites of Zadar
- Local tips and anecdotes
- Tasting of the famous Maraschino liqueur
- Tasting of homemade cakes and chocolates
The wind Bura in Central Dalmatia is more than just a wind, it is the wind that many local products depend on. One of the most famous products produced in a traditional style is the Dalmatian smoked ham. Without the strong north wind Bura, the production of this gourmet delicacy would not be possible. This traditional production, especially the natural drying of the ham on the North wind Bura with the aroma of Dalmatian herbs gives this ham its unique flavour and aroma. A visit to Zadar and its hinterland would not be complete without glancing into the traditional way of life. Here in Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Iadera we designed the following creative and interesting program where we visit a local household and experience the life as it once was in our part of the world.
Our exciting journey takes us to the township of Nin where you get introduced to the highest salt quality in the world. Nin is a town with a glorious past. As a former Croatian royal town and one of the most important cultural centres of the early Croatian state, Nin has unique monuments of early Croatian architecture specific to the 8th and 9th century. Of particular interest is the small Church of the Holy Cross from the 9th century, considered to be the smallest cathedral in the world. Our knowledgeable guide will help you step in another time by sharing curiosities from past with you and introducing to you local stories and legends.
- Visiting the cultural - historical monuments of Nin
- Tasting of local products in a traditional household
- Demonstration of Nin’s salt production
Delightfully tasty, capturing the strong character of the dry winter wind, the creamy yellowish Pag cheese produced on the Croatian island of Pag has been described as one of the ten best cheeses in the world. Join us in exploring the island of Pag, its rocky surface, pebble beaches and magnificent aromatic flora while tasting the superb local product – the Pag cheese. Here is a list of the finest cheese variations from Pag, many of which have won international awards and have become an integral part of the international cuisine.
- Delicatessen cow curd – a fresh specialty of high nutritional value
- Kozlar cheese – a goat milk cheese with a mild and creamy taste and texture
- Cheese with pumpkin seeds/Cheese with pepper - semi-hard cow's milk cheese with supplements
- Pag cheese - hard 100% sheep's milk cheese, milk exclusively from the island, authentic and unique, enchants with its rich and filled with flavour, winner of numerous gold medals at international competitions, the most famous and most awarded Croatian cheese
- Zigljen extra old - mature cheese older than 5 months, made of cow and sheep milk from Dalmatia, winner of numerous international accolades
- Cheese with truffles - a lightweight, spicy cheese with the addition of black truffle, intense flavours, winner of two gold stars at the Great Taste Awards
- Journey of discovery along the coast of Pag and on the island
- Private tour of the charming township of Pag
- Introduction to Pag lace – embroidery of finest artistic handmade design –technology hasn’t influenced or changed this local handcrafting jewel
- Cheese World: Variety of tastings offered