Your holiday with dog
It’s all about your dog
Dogs welcome! If you spend your holiday at a Falkensteiner Hotel with your dog, you will quickly realise that your four-legged friend is not just tolerated but deeply welcome here. Spend a relaxed holiday at our dog hotels and enjoy lots of great amenities and exclusive dog services for you and your furry companion. Two legs or four – at Falkensteiner, the guest is always king!
Pet-friendly services: your dog hotel highlights
- arrival package with treats, chewing bones and more for your dog
- Falkensteiner tips for the most beautiful spots to walk your dog
- dog-walking service (on request, book at reception)
- dog blanket, towel, feeding bowl and bandana
- dog shopping: pretty accessories for your four-legged friend
Thank you! Dogs are always welcome in your room, the lobby or the bar area of our hotels. However, dogs are not allowed in our restaurants, breakfast rooms and wellness & spa areas – thank you for your understanding!
A great time with your dog and Falkensteiner
No matter if you’re spending your holiday with dog in Austria, Italy or Croatia – a stay at one of Falkensteiner’s “Dogs Welcome” hotels is always a pleasant experience from the moment you arrive to the moment you go back home.
After a long trip, it’s a good idea to have a drink. That’s why all Falkensteiner Dog Hotels have special drinking stations for your four-legged friend. Checking in at reception, you will receive the next goodie for you and your dog: an exclusive arrival package full of little surprises! After all, after a long journey your dog will surely enjoy some treats!
Down! Once you have checked into your room, it’s time to prepare a nice spot for your furry friend. With the Falkensteiner dog blanket, chewing bone and feeding bowl, your dog will feel right at home in no time at all.
Walkies with a view: the best walks and hikes with dog
Time to walk the dog? Off you go! But first, head to reception to collect some valuable tips for the best dog-walking routes near your hotel! The animal-loving Falkensteiner team knows the best walkways, dog parks and hiking paths for you and your dog. Who knows? You might find the perfect playmate for your dog there!
What’s more, your dog is free to roam during the hotel’s daily play hour (unsupervised). Frolicking around with other dogs in a safe location is a fun activity that is sure to make your furry friend “dog-tired” for a restful night’s sleep in your holiday home.
Your dog in safe hands
You would like to spend a few relaxing hours in the wellness area of your hotel or enjoy an extended breakfast? Then why not make use of Falkensteiner’s special dog-walking service (charge)? After all, it’s so much easier to relax and unwind if you know your dog to be in safe hands, frolicking around the surrounding nature. All you have to do is book an appointment at reception!
Perfectly cared for: Your four-legged friend played a little too rough, was bitten by another dog or has caught the flu? Don’t worry! The Falkensteiner team knows the way to the nearest vet! In order to prevent your dog from catching diseases, Falkensteiner Dog Hotels only accept animals that are chipped and have a vaccination record.
The Falkensteiner Premium Collection Hotel Schlosshotel Velden is only a stone’s throw from the next animal clinic.
Prices for your holiday with dog (dog food not included)
- € 15.00 per night at most hotels
- € 20.00 per night at Falkensteiner Resort Lake Garda and Falkensteiner Residences Senia
- € 25.00 per night at Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Iadera
- € 30.00 per night at Falkensteiner Schlosshotel Velden
- € 20,00 per night at Falkensteiner Hotel Schladming
Falkensteiner Dog Hotels
You think it’s difficult to find a good dog-friendly hotel? Then you obviously haven’t heard of Falkensteiner Dog Hotels yet!
For instance, how about a holiday with your dog by the Croatian sea? Residences Senia in Zadar are happy to welcome you and your dog! You’re looking for a hotel in Austria that’s a perfect base for long hikes with your dog? Then Hotel Sonnenalpe in Carinthia could be just the place for you! You and your dog would rather spend your holidays in Italy? Off you go to Apartments Lake Garda!
Wellness for dogs and owners
While you relax in the wellness area of your Acquapura SPA, you can rest assured that your dog is in safe hands. The following Falkensteiner Wellness & Spa Hotels offer special extras ranging from arrival packages and dog-walking service (on request) to dog blankets, towels, feeding bowls and bandanas:
- Hotel & Spa Bad Leonfelden (no dog-walking service)
- Hotel & Asia Spa Leoben
- Hotel Grand MedSpa Marienbad
- Hotel & Spa Iadera (between September and June)
If you feel like a bit of luxury for you and your dog, our Premium Collection Hotel Balance Resort Stegersbach in the Austrian province of Burgenland is well worth a visit.
Your golf holiday with dog …
… should definitely take you to Hotel Schladming in Carinthia/Austria! We recommend playing at Golf & Country Club Dachstein Tauern as dogs are allowed at this prestigious club. What’s more, you and your dog enjoy the following hotel benefits:
- arrival package with chewing bone, treats and more
- dog blanket, towel, feeding bowl and bandana
Family holidays +1
What would a family holiday be without the beloved family dog? Luckily, your four-legged friend is more than welcome at the Falkensteiner Family Hotels. In line with their “Dogs Welcome” philosophy, Falkensteiner Family Hotel Sonnenalpe offers a series of dog-friendly services from special arrival packages to dog-walking service. Your dog will love his stay on the Carinthian Nassfeld!
The best of both worlds: dog and the city
You’re planning a city trip to Vienna, Prague or Bratislava? Lucky you! Wouldn’t it be a shame to leave your dog at home? Better bring him along and explore the city together! At the following Falkensteiner City Hotels you will be spoiled with lovely arrival treats, a comfy dog blanket and, on-request, dog-walking service:
Never-ending winter fun
There’s no stopping you once the first snowflakes start to fall? You’re itching to explore the winter landscape and enjoy nature – ideally together with your dog? Then these could be the perfect hotels for you:
Thanks to a range of special services for dogs and owners, both hotels are a perfect winter retreat for you and your four-legged friend.
No matter what it is you want from a great holiday with your dog – you’ll surely spend an unforgettable time at the pet-friendly Falkensteiner Hotels of Austria, Italy, Croatia or any other destination!
Travelling with dogs: what’s important?
You have already found a dog-friendly hotel or booked your holiday at a Falkensteiner Dog Hotel? Great, then it’s time to start your travel preparations! To make it a bit easier for you, we have compiled a little checklist for your perfect holiday with dog.
Carefree dog holidays: what to pack?
The following things should definitely make their way into your suitcase or backpack when travelling with a dog:
- dog collar with dog tag and contact details
- leash and poo bag for walks
- muzzle for excursions
- copy of your dog liability insurance: this will cover small damages caused by your dog
- European pet passport: vet certificate stating that your dog is chipped and vaccinated
- favourite toy
- travel bowl for food and water
- food your dog is used to
- for summer holidays: cooling vest and sunblock to protect your dog from heat and sun
- dog first-aid kit: for emergencies and small injuries
You forgot something at home? Don’t worry! You can rent or buy dog gear like blankets, towels, bandanas, poo bags or treats directly at your hotel!
Tips for a safe journey
Travelling by car can be quite stressful for your dog. That’s why you should make the journey as pleasant as possible for your four-legged friend. The following tips could be helpful:
- Don’t feed your dog shortly before the start of your journey. Keep in mind that dogs can get car-sick, too!
- Take regular and sufficient breaks to drink and stretch your legs.
- Ideally plan your stops somewhere in the countryside. Service station and rest stops are often unsuitable for walks.
- Don’t leave your dog in the car in the summer heat!
- It’s legally required to secure your dog in the car. Use dog crates, safety guards or special car restraints to keep your dog safe. If you use a crate, give your dog some time to get used to it before the journey.
- Bring chewing bones and toys to distract your dog during the drive.
As you can see, finding a dog-friendly hotel is easy – at least with Falkensteiner! Book your dog holiday at one of our hotels in Austria, Italy or Croatia and look forward to some happy times with your furry pal! Contact the dog hotel of your choice now!