On this page you will find everything worth knowing about Falkensteiner. A brief insight into the company's history is just as important as the presentation of our management, locations and business units. In order for you to know where the journey with us can take you, you will also find an insight into the core visions of FMTG and the central values of Falkensteiner below.
- 1957 Maria and Josef Falkensteiner open a guest house in Ehrenburg / South Tyrol
- 1978 The brothers Andreas and Erich Falkensteiner take over the company
- 1982 Foundation of the first incoming office in South Tyrol: Falk Tours
- 1995 Otmar Michaeler joins the company; Foundation of Falkensteiner Hotel Management and Michaeler & Partner
- 1998 Acquisition of the first hotel in Austria
- 2000 Acquisition of the first hotel in Croatia
- 2003 Acquisition of the first hotel in the Czech Republic
- 2006/07 Foundation of FMTG with new corporate structure and relocation of the headquarter to Vienna, launch of the product line “Premium Living”
- 2008 Acquisition of the first hotel in Slovakia
- 2011 Launch of the product line “Falkensteiner Premium Collection”
- 2012 Acquisition of the first hotel in Serbia
- 2015/16 Expansion in Italy with opening of Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Jesolo and Falkensteiner Resort Capo Boi
- 2017/19 Extensive refurbishments and reconstruction programme for hotels in Austria and Croatia
- 2018/19 First hotel in Montenegro, launch of the product line “Premium Camping” with its first campsite in Zadar, Croatia.
- 2020 Expansion in Italy with openings of Falkensteiner Club Funimation Garden Calabria and Falkensteiner Hotel Kronplatz
- 2021 Expansion in Italy and Croatia with openings of Falkensteiner Residences Jesolo and Falkensteiner Fortis Club, extensive refurbishment of Falkensteiner Family Resort Lido
- 2022 Foundation of FMTG Invest and FMTG Premium Camping, expansion in Austria with opening of Falkensteiner Hotel Montafon, extensive refurbishments in Czech Republik and Croatia
- 2023 Extensive refurbishments in Falkensteiner Genuss & Wohlfühlhotel Mühlviertel and Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Carinzia
The FMTG (Falkensteiner Michaeler Tourism Group) is managed by Erich & Andreas Falkensteiner together with Otmar Michaeler and follows the premise of making people happy by providing perfect vacation moments.
In the company, the family roots are of great importance. Also, tourist know-how, many years of expertise in the development and management of hotel properties, short decision-making processes, international networking and an indispensable 'hands-on' mentality contribute significantly to the success of FMTG.
from left to right in the picture: CEO Otmar Michaeler,
and Andreas Falkensteiner