Church of Saint Sava
One of the largest Orthodox churches on the planet
The Church of Saint Sava is one of the most identifiable attractions in the entire region. It dominates the city’s skyline, and at 79 metres in height, it is easy to see why. The church was built on the spot where the Ottomans burned Saint Sava’s remains in 1595, but nearly 400 years passed before the church itself was completed. The interior is still under construction, but its unfinished state adds another layer of intrigue to this monumental house of worship.