Holiday with your dog
When your dog is king
Dogs welcome! When spending your holiday with your dog at a Falkensteiner hotel, you will quickly notice one thing: Your four-legged friend is not merely tolerated here but receives a warm welcome. You can rest assured that you and your ‘best friend’ will experience relaxed days at the dog hotel. Including all conveniences your dog could wish for and exclusive dog-specific services which will please you as well as your pet. Whether two- or four-legged – at Falkensteiner’s every guest is king!
Special services: the highlights of our dog hotels
- arrival package including treats, chew bone and more for every dog
- tips for the most beautiful walks by the Falkensteiner team
- dog-walking service (upon request and reservation at the reception)
- dog blanket, towel, feeding bowl and bandana
- shop for your dog: pretty accessories for canine vacationers available for purchase
Thank you! Dogs are always welcome guests in your room, in the lobby and in the bar area of Falkensteiner hotels. We appreciate your understanding, though, that we cannot allow dogs in the restaurant, in the breakfast room or the wellness and spa area.
Enjoy your holiday with your dog at Falkensteiner’s
Whether you spend your holiday with your dog in Austria, Italy, Croatia or any other country, a dog holiday is a real treat at any Falkensteiner “Welcome Dogs” hotel – until the very last minute of your stay!
Upon arrival at your holiday home, the top priority is always a drink. How convenient that Falkensteiner dog hotels provide water stations four your furry friend. At the check-in the next goodie is waiting for your pet: the arrival package, our welcome gift for every dog. A few treats are surely well-earned after the journey!
Have a “Sit!” When moving into your room make sure to find a favourite spot for your dog. Equipped with a Falkensteiner dog blanket, chew bone and feeding bowl, your dog is ready to make itself at home.
Walks and hikes that will make your dog happy
Time for a walk? Then there is nothing better than to head off into nature! The staff at our reception is always happy to share tips for dog-friendly areas close to the hotel. Our animal-loving Falkensteiner team knows all the inside tips for the most beautiful walkways, off-leash dog areas and paths for hiking with your dog. You will certainly make new acquaintances for playing and snuffling.
Frolicking is also what the daily playtime for dogs (without supervision) at the Falkensteiner hotel is all about. Nothing beats romping about without any disturbances or road traffic and in good company! And on the plus side: Being dog-tired after an active day makes falling asleep in an unfamiliar bed much easier.
Your dog in safe hands
If you would like to spend a few relaxed hours at the spa or have an extensive breakfast in peace and quiet, use the Falkensteiner dog-walking service (for a fee). Now you can truly unwind and enjoy your holiday while your dog is being active outdoors. All you need to do is to book a date in advance at the reception.
Taking precautions. Your four-legged friend has been too wild at play, was bitten in a fight or has fallen ill? No need to worry, the Falkensteiner team knows the nearest vet in town. In order for your dog not to contract any diseases in the first place, Falkensteiner dog hotels only accept animals with a valid vaccination certificate and chip.
Fees for holidays with your dog (without food)
- € 15.00 per night at the majority of our hotels
- € 10.00 per night at Falkensteiner Hotel Park Punat
- € 20.00 per night at Falkensteiner Resort Lake Garda and Falkensteiner Residences Senia
- € 30.00 per night at Falkensteiner Schlosshotel Velden
Falkensteiner dog hotels
You think that a dog-friendly hotel is hard to find? Then let us introduce you to Falkensteiner dog hotels!
How about a seaside holiday with your dog in Croatia? Residences Senia in Zadar make your holiday dreams come true! You are looking for a hotel in Austria which is suited ideally for hiking with a dog? Then Hotel Sonnenalpe in Carinthia is your place to be. Or you would like to spend your next short holiday with your dog in Italy? In this case Apartments Lake Garda are a hot favourite!
Whatever the wishes of you and your canine companion are for your next holiday together: At these Falkensteiner hotels you are guaranteed to spend a relaxed holiday with your dog in Austria, Italy, Croatia or another destination of your choice.
Vacationing with a dog: what you need to consider
You have already picked a dog-friendly hotel or booked your stay at a Falkensteiner dog hotel? Then it is best to start planning your journey well ahead. We have summarised the most important things you need to consider, from making the car journey suitable for dogs right up to packing.
A worry-free dog holiday: what you should bring
Packing your suitcases. These items should be on your packing list for a holiday with your dog:
- collar with dog tag and contact details
- leash and dog waste bags for walks
- muzzle for trips during your stay
- a copy of your third-party liability insurance for dogs: it covers smaller property damages caused by your dog
- European Pet Passport: veterinarian verification that your dog is chipped and vaccinated
- favourite toy(s)
- travel bowl for food and water
- dog food to which your dog is used
- for a summer holiday: cooling vest and sun blocker for protection against the heat and sun
- first-aid kit: just in case and for smaller injuries
Did you forget to bring something? No need to worry – dog equipment such as blankets, towels, dog kerchiefs, poop bags and treats can be borrowed from or bought at the hotel.
Tips for a worry-free car journey with your dog
Most dogs find car journeys stressful, which is why you should try to make them as comfortable as possible for your little darling. The following tips might be helpful:
- Avoid feeding your dog right before the departure. In dogs as well as humans car journeys may upset the stomach.
- Take regular and sufficient breaks for drinking and stretching legs.
- Ideally you plan for stops at green spaces. Most service and petrol stations are not suitable for short walks.
- Never leave your dog alone in the car in the summer!
- Keeping your dog safe in the car is required by law. Dog crates, dog guards and dog-specific safety belts are approved safety measures for your best friend. If you use a dog crate we recommend that you familiarise your dog with it well in advance.
- Offer your dog a chew bone and toys for distraction during the journey.
As you can see, finding a dog-friendly hotel is not that hard after all – at least at Falkensteiner’s. Now there is nothing that keeps you from enjoying a happy holiday with your dog! Have an unforgettable holiday experience with your dog in Austria, Italy, Croatia or another country. Feel free to contact us at the dog hotel of your choice!