CYCLISTS ARE WELCOME
Mountain bikers, bicycle racers and hobby cyclists can discover the joys and challenges of 950 km of trails amidst the natural beauty of Carinthia. Ranging from “easy” to “very difficult”, they offer something for everyone. A few of the tours even take cyclists across the border to Italy.
The natural landscape with the crystal-clear swimming lakes Lake Pressegg, Lake Weissensee and the stunning mountain landscape of the Carinthian and Gailtal Alps make up ideal conditions for cyclists.
SPECIAL SERVICES FOR CYCLISTS
- Free lift ride including bicycle transport on the Millennium Express (middle of June to middle of September). This modern cable car is located right next to the Falkensteiner Hotel and will take you up 1,900 m above sea level.
- Free lift ride on the Gartnerkofel chairlift, Nassfeld (middle of June to middle of September)
- “Lift and Bike Giro”: After a comfortable ascent on the Millennium Express, mountain bikers can enjoy one of the longest downhill routes in the Alps (11.7 km)
- Free rides on the public bus throughout the region and on the “Piccolo Express” mountain taxi in Nassfeld
- Free mountain bike and cycling tours led by the Hermagor Tourism Board
- Admission to the swimming area on the shore of Lake Pressegger in case you need to cool down
- Free rental of water bottles, backpacks, heart rate monitors
- Lockable bicycle room
- Washing station for bikes
- Expert tour information and free maps
- Customised cycling and mountain bike packages
- Daily guided löyly
- For a fee: shuttle service, packed lunch for athletes, emergency kit, jersey laundry service, fitness checks, performance diagnostics, sport massages, revitalising baths
TOP-SERVICES OFFERED BY OUR PARTNER NTC SPORT NASSFELD (FOR A FEE)
- Rental of high-quality Scott or Ghost mountain and trekking bikes as well as helmets
- Daily guided mountain bike tours for 2 performance levels
- Bike school: riding technique training for beginners and advanced cyclists
- Bike service and repair