GETTING THERE IS HALF THE FUN
In the nature area of Carinthia, located south of the Alps, there’s plenty for you to discover along the way to gorgeous destinations! Which is not surprising: With 1,000 kilometres of hiking trails, some of which even lead to Italy, there are lots of destinations for you to choose from. You’ll feel like you’ve stepped into a giant holiday picture book when you see the majestic peaks of the Carnic and Gailtal Alps and the idyllic landscape surrounding Presseggersee and Weissensee.
OUR SERVICES FOR ACTIVE HOLIDAYMAKERS
- Including a free lift ride on the Millennium Express
- Free rides on the public bus throughout the region and on the “Piccolo Express” mountain taxi in Nassfeld
- “BergWasser” aqua trail
- Guided Nordic walking tours
- Guided themed hikes and divining rod hike led by the Hermagor Tourism Board
- Admission to the swimming area on the shore of Lake Pressegger and to the Radnig and Vorderberg natural pools in case you need to cool down
- Free rental of hiking poles, backpacks and water bottles
- Expert tour information and free maps
- Customised hiking packages
- For a fee: packed lunch for athletes, laundry service, fitness checks, sport and relaxation massages, revitalising baths
SERVICES OFFERED BY NTC SPORT NASSELD (FOR A FEE)
- Guided mountain climbing and via ferrata tours
- Stone labyrinth, flying fox course, climbing school
- Rental of hiking and Nordic walking poles and climbing harnesses
NTC SPORT lets you swing from tree to tree through the skies like Tarzan, cross ravines and climb mountain tops... It's pure adrenaline! Experience your first high-altitude euphoria!
HIKING, ROCK CLIMBING, RUNNING, NORDIC WALKING
The 26 themed hiking trails in this holiday region make it one big themed hiking park for the entire family, but also for any hiking enthusiasts who are still young at heart. In addition, the region has numerous marked vie ferrate, Nordic walking trails and running routes for beginners and for competitive athletes.
TAKE THE LIFT UP THE MOUNTAIN
A number of tours start right at the hotel’s doorstep! In addition, our guests can take advantage of unlimited free lift rides on the Millennium Express, which is located right next to the Falkensteiner Hotel. This modern cable car will take you to the Tressdorfer Alm, at 1,590 m above sea level, and then on to Madritsche, at 1,919 m.
ACTIVE HOLIDAYS WITH KIDS
Children can also experience all sorts of things on a family holiday here – from exciting, child-friendly hikes to adventures on the farm, from a Tarzan ride at the flying fox climbing park to water fun at the adventure park. For an extra portion of fun, there’s Pendolino, a cool summer toboggan run that’s 2 km long.
For more information about family mountain Nassfeld.
ACTIVE HOLIDAYS WITH DOGS
Falkensteiner has thought of everything to make your holiday with your dog a true pleasure. There’s an arrival package with treats, a dog blanket with a towel, a feeding bowl and a bandana in your room as well as a drinking station in the reception area to ensure that your dog is just as satisfied as you are. We are also happy to provide you with expert tips on walking paths and hiking tours. Dogs love the cycling path that runs along the Gail, which offers the chance to cool down if necessary.