The wellness concept that Falkensteiner hotels follow is know as Acquapura SPA, meaning “pure water” in Italian. While this concept is incorporated in all hotels, the theme of water itself can be interpreted to mirror each particular hotels aesthetics and surroundings.
At the heart of our hotel is the 2,500 sq m Acquapura SPA wellness area, with a unique Styrian Natural Wellness philosophy. At the Falkensteiner Therme & Golf Hotel Bad Waltersdorf, we focus on the use of thermal spa water, which has a relaxing and calming effect, strengthens guests immune system, helps to combat rheumatism and can be used to supplement physiotherapy.
Wellness & spa highlights
- Wellness and water world spanning 2,500 sq m
- Indoor and heated outdoor pool with 35° C thermal spa water, freshwater outdoor sport pool
- Sauna area with steam bath, infrared cabin, herbal sauna, Finnish sauna, earth sauna with guided löyly, cold-water canal, 36° C whirlpool, relaxation areas
- 2 Private SPAs, 12 treatment rooms
- Deep relaxation in the 4-senses lounger
- SPA bistro and SPA shop
- Cardio fitness room and gym, solarium
- Fitness diagnosis room, cardio fitness room and gym, solarium
- Styrian Natural Wellness using natural products such as honey, pumpkin and pumpkin seeds, polenta, grapes, etc.
- Massages, cosmetic treatments, wraps, various pampering packages
Our ACQUAPURA WELLNESS TIPS:
- Earth sauna: The earth sauna is covered by a mound of soil in the sauna garden and offers a one-of-a-kind climate and atmosphere. The cool earth helps to bring the temperature down (to around 90–110° C , with 6–15% relative humidity) and provides a pleasant feeling of warmth.
- Herb spiral: In our unique, spiral-shaped herb garden, you can discover countless native herbs and plants which have medical purposes. Our SPA manager Harald Binder will be happy to tell you about the effects and possible uses of the various plants. If interested you can inquire at reception about our regular aromatic herb workshops.
- Herbal stamp massage: The herbal stamp massage involves moving cloth herbal bags warmed in oil along your bodies channels of energy. The necessary herbs are carefully selected from our herb spiral and prepared for use in our treatments.