The Three Churches
The neo-Gothic parish church of St. Bartholomew began construction circa 1483, and was completed at the beginning of the 16th century at the behest of Thaman Dienstl.
A chapel was later built in 1686, and an icon of the Virgin Mary was brought to it from Mariazell. In 1755-1761, the community built a new building, and consecrated the church under the name "Maria Schutz beim Bründl", that is to say, "Our Lady of the Waters".
The hospital church was built in 1514. In the 17th century, after a long closure, it was dedicated to St Joseph and was later used for various institutions. It was not until the 1980s that the church's treasures were renovated and laid bare.
Who is it aimed at?
Couples, friends, groups
Good to know
Reachable by car in about 3 hours.